About the Photos in this Blog

Please respect the ownership of the photos on this blog. If you would like to have permission to use one, please ask. I would grant permission if you just ask.
Thank you!
To view photos in full size, simply click on them!



Saturday, August 6, 2016

Weekend Wildlife Extravaganza

Since the bird feeders are down because of the sick Finches, I have been making an effort to find wildlife to photograph away from the feeders.

To my surprise, I founds LOTS, including a new bird, the Northern Flicker:

Northern Flicker

And a few different kinds of Butterflies:

Northern Broken-Dash Skipper

Great Spangled Fritillary

Great Spangled Fritillary

Silver-Spotted Skipper

And Dragonflies:

Blue Dasher Dragonfly

Then, a morning visit to Solomon's Island this morning was very exciting:

Osprey with a Gar-fish

Osprey with a Gar-fish

Beautiful Osprey!

Osprey with a regular fish

Osprey with a fish - this guy circled and squawked with this fish, as if he was saying "I GOT A FISH!"
Osprey with a fish

Osprey with a fish

Ring-Billed Gull

Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle - has a fish in his feet

Bald Eagle with a fish in his feet

This is the church on the Island, I like the sky against the steeples

And back at my house:

Male Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Baby Bunny!

Male Northern Cardinal - heard in a whiny voice: "PLEEEEAASE Put the feeders back up!"

So that is a lot of nature considering the feeders are down! Hope you enjoyed the photos. Until next time, be well!


2 comments:

KFisch said...

Looks Great! What an exciting day it must have been.You can enter some viewbug contest! I know the location of 1 eagle nest & 1 osprey. Apparently the birds in NJ don't need to eat cause I've yet to have such an opportunity. The eagle granted me 1 fly by in late spring. I got 1 shot which I haven't posted yet. I've also seen eagles & an osprey at my local reservoir, but its always at extreme distances! I'm going to have to visit you & waynie!

Marshwiggle said...

Thank you, KFisch! It was beautiful morning! I have wanted to get photos with Osprey and Eagles, or Heron holding fish, for a long time! The best time here, is early morning... Definitely between sunrise and 9am. This Island is home to lots of water birds, Cormorants, Ducks, Heron, Eagles, Osprey, Gulls, and more... And is just down the road from my house. Trying to get there before too many people is also the trick. You are certainly welcome to visit! :)