About the Photos in this Blog

Please respect the ownership of the photos on this blog. If you would like to have permission to use one, please ask. I would grant permission if you just ask.
Thank you!
To view photos in full size, simply click on them!



Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weekend Nature

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the war on House Finch Eye Disease :( I did manage to get 5 Finches to rescue for treatment. But the disease was spreading so quickly that I had to take the feeders down for a while to let the Finches disperse.

It is so sad, the birds are all wondering where their food is, and they are grazing the ground to get seed that had fallen. I hate this disease and am so sad.

I did manage to get some photos of the Hummingbirds and other friends in the yard. And I am praying for the Finches not to suffer.


Ruby-Throated Hummingbird male - These guys always cheer me up!


Ruby-Throated Hummingbird female - It has been so humid here that my lens keeps fogging up!


Ruby-Throated Hummingbird male - He is such a beautiful little guy!


My Male Cardinal is slowly overcoming his balding molt

 Now, it's the female Cardinal's turn for a bad hair day!

Cardinal Youngster

Tufted Titmouse - another humidity fogged photo!

Female Eastern Bluebird - peeking out of her house - I need to check to see if her eggs have hatched yet!
Female Red-Winged Blackbird on the lamppost

Female Red-Winged Blackbird - looking for seed in the grass

Squirrel eating seeds from the ground

My Petunias! I have seen the Hummingbirds in there getting nectar! Hope to get a photo!

That's it for the weekend. Until next time, be well!


No comments: