About the Photos in this Blog

Please respect the ownership of the photos on this blog. If you would like to have permission to use one, please ask. I would grant permission if you just ask.
Thank you!
To view photos in full size, simply click on them!



Monday, July 25, 2016

Wildlife Rescue

I have posted previously about the issue I am having with House Finches infected with Eye Disease at my feeders. It is highly contagious, and has killed 2 so far, 3 if you count the little Goldfinch from last year. I have taken 4 House Finches to Orphaned Wildlife Rescue Center, nearby, for treatment. The good news is that they are doing well so far, and one is almost ready to be released. The bad news is, there are still Finches afflicted with this horrible disease that I am still trying to catch. I caught one this morning that I believe hit our window because she couldn't see. She died in my hand. So sad. I took another in this morning that I caught last night, and kept in a cage until I could take her in. So sweet, and she seemed perkier this morning, so I am hopeful for her!

Here she is:
 Female House Finch

I have decided to start volunteering at the Rescue Center. I love animals, and they need the help. I hope I can make a positive impact in the lives of these sweet creatures.

As I was leaving the Rescue Center, this little guy scurried through the front shrubs of the center and watched me leave from hiding (or so he thought!):
Raccoon (these photos taken with my iPhone)

Another time leaving the Rescue Center, this guy was wandering around out front:
Black Vulture

I expect to be in contact with some awesome animals, and hope to get a few photos, so stay tuned!

I also had some lovely visits from the Bluebirds and Hummingbirds.

 Female Eastern Bluebird

Female Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
Female Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Female Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

That's all for today. Until next time, be well!




2 comments:

Colleen said...

Love that raccoon shot. So cute!

Marshwiggle said...

Thanks Colleen! This place is awesome.... So many cool animals!